Rules, And Guidelines For
BizNet OnLine Magazine's NetWork Connection
submitting your application you are agreeing to be bound by the
AGREEMENT, RULES, AND GUIDELINES FOR
BIZNET ONLINE MAGAZINE'S NETWORK CONNECTION
This Agreement is made by and between BizNet OnLine Magazine, (hereinafter referred to as "BizNet"), and Applying Member, (hereinafter referred to as "Member").
Now therefore, the parties agree as follows:
1.. Member agrees to indemnify and hold harmless BizNet from any and all claims or actions stemming from Member's behavior or actions, in addition to any and all claims or actions originating in any manner or form from subject Member's participation in or application for membership..
2. Member agrees to adhere to and to be governed by the information contained in the "NetWork Connection" brochure as it relates to duties of membership and qualifications of membership and the Rules and Guide Lines as set down in this Agreement in addition to all other online information contained in the NetWork Connection section of BizNet Online Magazine.
3. Application for Membership :
Any person or business wishing to participate in NetWork Connection must complete the online application located in the NetWork Connection section of BizNet Online Magazine.
4. Membership :
Membership is to be open to any and all businesses that meet the qualifications as outlined in the "NetWork Connection" brochure. Said member must be engaged in the subject business full time. Member must have a listed business phone with separate voice and fax lines. Member must have professionally printed business cards (Business cards printed on a laser or ink jet printer are not professionally printed cards). Member must have at lest one E-Mail address. No business or individual is to be denied membership or access to meetings based on Race, Religion, Sexual Orientation, Gender, or any lawful business practice.
Member understands and agrees that each chapter shall reserve the right to limit membership to one member per business classification. In any event, when one or more businesses are attempting to join under a business classification that is already filled, it shall be up to the existing member to object to the addition of the new member. Said member must state the objection both to the prospective member, and the head of their chapter. The chapter then has a right to support said members objection or overrule it. If said objection is overruled, the chapter must state their good cause for overruling the existing members objection(s).
Members may belong to or participate in any other business networking groups, opportunities or organizations that they wish to.
5. Membership Fee(s) :
Every member must pay upon submission of their application a yearly membership fee to BizNet of $25.00 per year. Member understands this is a non-refundable fee. Should Member be accepted or not, participate or not, terminated or not, BizNet is to retain said fee(s). BizNet retains the unconditional right(s) to change, modify, or in any way alter said membership fee provided Member is notified of said changes no less then 30 days before effective date of said changes. In addition said Member must pay any and all fee(s) imposed by said Members chapter. Member understands and aggress that each chapter is free to set their own fee(s).
6. Payment And Collection of Fee(s) :
If Member has not previously paid said membership fee to BizNet they are to pay it though their chapter. Member understands that BizNet reserves the option to wave said yearly fee as BizNet deems proper for the aid and assistance of selected chapters.
7. Multi Level Marketing:
Multi Level Marketing representatives agree to limit their activities in the Chapter to just the sale and/or representation of goods and services, and not to refer to, talk about, or promote in any form or manner, the Multi Level aspect of their business. The only exclusion to this is if another member on his or her own volition and accord requests said information from said member and said information is supplied outside of the chapter setting. At no time and under no circumstances are the aspects of "Multi Level" to be talked about or discussed in a chapter meeting or event. In no event are any members of any Chapter past or present to be approached or marketed to, or about the Multi Level aspect of said Members business. The determination of , and definition of "Multi Level" shell be at the sole discretion of BizNet and/or Chapter, and not the subject business or Member.
8. Offers Of Employment :
No member is to solicit another member or their employees, representatives, or agents to work for them. In the event of Multi Level Marketing, an offer to participate in, or gain benefit in anyway from said Multi Level Marketing plan, other than an offer limited to the direct selling of goods or services, without any financial incentives to the solicited member, shall constitute a solicitation and will be grounds for denial of or termination of membership.
All members at all times are to behave in a professional manner. All members are to show respect for and be respectful of all other members. There is to be no disruptive behavior at any meeting or event. An example of disruptive behavior includes but is not limited to; Interfering with the opportunities available to the other members., Side conversations., Foul language. , Inappropriate remarks.
Any member having any problems with any other member may request or petition for the removal of the problem member(s) from the group. Said request is to be made to the party in charge of the subject chapter. Should this not resolve the matter, see "Disputes" below.
10. Meeting Structure :
Each chapter is free to set it's own meeting structure. However each meeting must have a set starting and ending time. It is recommended that meetings never run more than 1 1/2 hours. It is recommended that meetings have some set and consistent structure. An example of structure would be starting the meeting with a set open yet informal time. This allows members to openly visit, and allows for "late" arrivals to enter without disrupting the meeting. The meeting should then be called to order. At this time any important announcements relating to the Chapter or meeting should be made. Then everyone should be given 20 to 30 seconds to introduce themselves and their business. This should be followed by having members give their thanks and leads to each other (note: this can be combined with the introductions). After introductions, leads and thank-yous, general announcements can be made. This is also a good time to read the minutes should the Chapter decide to keep them. It is then recommended that one to two members be made a "featured" speaker and be allowed to make a presentation to the Chapter about their business. This should be limited to anywhere from 5 to 15 minutes depending on time constraints. It is also recommended that "new" members be given 2 to 3 minutes to talk to the group about their business in order to give new members a "Leg Up" on becoming known to the other members.
11. Leads :
There are no regulations in reference to when a member must give or how often a Lead is to be given. It is the quality of the Leads that count, not the quantity. Should Chapter feel that any Member is not making a reasonable attempt at obtaining Leads or Referrals to give to fellow members, said Chapter should offer to counsel said Member on how to be more productive. Chapter at is sole and reasonable discretion is empowered to terminate the Membership of any individual it believes is not benefiting, or is not beneficial to said Chapter. No member shall offer to pay for, or be required to pay for a Lead. No member may ask for or request payment for a Lead. Nothing in this agreement is to prevent any member from showing their thanks to another member by the giving of a "thank you" gift, however said giving of any gift for a Lead is strictly at the sole discretion of the party receiving the Lead. At a Chapter's discretion, BizNet Lead Cards can be used by its members.
12. Name Tags/Badges:
There are no regulations in reference to Name Tags/Badges. It is up to the individual chapter as to whether Name Tags/Badges will be required. It is recommended that members help to promote themselves and their business by using Name Tags/Badges. If requested by a chapter BizNet will provide paper Name Tags.
13. VIP Cards:
VIP Cards are used when a chapter requires visitors to pay for their own Meeting Fee. At a chapter's sole discretion they can use the VIP Card to waive said fee for select potential members. It is at the chapter's discretion as to whether or not the chapter or the member that gave out the VIP Card pay said Meeting Fee. It is recommended that the chapter pay or "absorb" said fee. In no event is BizNet to have any responsibility for said fee. Member can only give out VIP Cards to the chapter they are a member of.
14. Online Listing:
It is the sole responsibility for the member to complete the necessary information online at the NetWork Connection section of BizNet OnLine Magazine in order to obtain their online listing in the appropriate section. BizNet is to have all rights to edit or refuse content of said listing for any reason. BizNet is to have no liability stemming from said listing for any reason, including but not limited to mistakes and errors.
15. Outside Events:
Whenever possible, Member is to participate in their chapter's special or outside events. Members is to put great effort into socialize outside of the formal weekly meeting. Any and all details of said meetings are at the chapter's and Members sole discretion as appropriate. Any expenses for said meetings are to be borne by the chapter or Members. BizNet is to only have financial responsibility to the extent as outlined in any event that BizNet offers to said Chapter or Member. Member is to hold BizNet and Chapter harmless for any loss stemming from any such event.
Each chapter is run by it's own leadership, and in conjunction and compliance with this Agreement. The leadership is usually held by the person(s) that undertook the formation of the subject chapter. However, at the discretion of the founding Leader(s) each chapter is free to design and select it's leadership structure and leaders. It is recommended that should the chapter "rotate" leadership, that each person serving as a leader does so for a period of one year. Should a chapter change it's leadership, each new "Leader" must agree to and sign the chapter's Agreement with BizNet to assure they are familiar with and have knowledge of said Agreement. It is up to each chapter to decide if any compensation is to be given to its Leaders in exchange for their time. It is recommended that compensation be limited to a waiver of the meeting fee(s) for every person or business during the time they are involved in an active leadership role. BizNet agrees to waive its yearly membership fee(s) for said leaders for the time that they are actively involved in a leadership role of a chapter. Member agrees to and understands that said Leaders are functioning as "Volunteers" and as such Member agrees to hold both BizNet and said Leaders harmless for any and all losses, or actionable events, no matter how slightly related to Members membership in said organization, or perspective membership.
Any and all disputes that cannot be settled at the local level shell be referred to BizNet for final resolution. All parties agree to be bound by said final resolution. All parties agree that said decision is to have the legal force of "Binding Arbitration", and as such is finial, and non-appealable.
18. Chapter accepts and is to have complete responsibility and liability for overseeing and enforcing said qualifications of membership, and duties of membership pertaining to said chapters members. Should chapter fail to meet it's obligation, BizNet reserves the right to take complete control of said chapter.
19. BizNet retains the unconditional right(s) to change, modify, or in any way alter said "duties of membership", and "qualifications of membership", provided Member is notified of said changes no less then 30 days before effective date of said changes.
20. Member understands that chapter has total control of all "Meeting Fee(s) charged by said chapter to its members. In no event shall Chapter or Member be entitled to a refund or rebate of any fee(s) paid to BizNet. This is to include but is not limited to such occurrences as termination of membership. Should Member change their participation from one chapter to another, they will not have to pay any additional fee(s) other then would normally be due under this agreement.
21. Member and BizNet agree that a "member" is defined as any person or business that has attended more than two meetings or completed a membership application, or in anyway has declared and or demonstrated an interest in or a desire to join said Chapter.
22. Member is to pay appropriate party any and all fee(s) on or before the first week of the new month. In the event of a membership stating mid month, Member is to pay all appropriate due(s) and fee(s) before participating as a member.
23. Member agrees that the membership of any member that does not keep their membership current will be terminated.
24. If any legal action or other proceeding is brought for the enforcement of this Agreement, or because of an alleged dispute, breach, default, or misrepresentation in connection with any provision of this Agreement, the successful or prevailing party shall be entitled to recover reasonable attorney's fees and other costs incurred in that action or proceeding, in addition to any other relief to which it or they may be entitled.
25. Member understands that there are no warranties or guarantees expressed or implied for the success or failure, and/or profitability of their participation or membership in BizNet or any of it's chapters.
26. All parties hereby expressly covenant to deal with each other in good faith regarding all action, decisions and conduct relating to this Agreement.
27. This Agreement shall be construed fairly and neither for nor against either party on account of the drafting of the Agreement.
28. This Agreement shall be construed in accordance with and governed by the laws of the State of California. Venue is to be the County of Los Angeles.
29. Any provision hereof, which is prohibited or unenforceable in any jurisdiction will, as to such jurisdiction, be ineffective to the extent of such prohibition or unenforceability without invalidating the remaining provisions hereof, and any such prohibition or unenforceability in any jurisdiction will not invalidate or render unenforceable such provisions in any other jurisdiction. To the extent permitted by law, the parties hereto waive any provision of law, which renders any such provision prohibited or unenforceable in any respect.
30. All documentation, notices, or payments required under this agreement are to be sent to BizNet by U. S. Mail to the address of: P. O. Box 250325, Glendale, California 91225-0325.
31. This document constitutes the entire agreement among the parties pertaining to the subject matter contained in this Agreement and supersedes all prior and contemporaneous agreements, representations and understandings of the parties. No supplement, modification or amendment of this Agreement shall be binding unless executed in writing by all the parties. No waiver of any of the provisions of
this Agreement shall be deemed, or shall constitute a waiver of any other provisions, whether or not similar,
nor shall any waiver constitute a continuing waiver. No waiver shall be binding unless executed in writing by the parties making the waiver.
AGREED TO AND ACCEPTED.
Phone number and
submitting your application you are agreeing to be bound by the
Please Give Us 3
Are You In Any
Other Networking Groups, Chambers Of Commerce?
Please list all
Networking Groups, Chambers Of Commerce in the space
There is a one-time $25
non-refundable membership application fee.
Return To BizNet Online
Magazine's Main Page
to firstname.lastname@example.org with questions or comments about
this web site.
Copyright © 1997 ~BizNet OnLine Magazine
Last modified: November 08, 2002