QuickBooks Corner –
Tips & News about QuickBooks
IT’S HERE – 2001 (QuickBooks Pro
version 2001 that is!)
And it’s great!
If you have versions 99 and
prior, the upgrade is a must – it has more features that make working in
QuickBooks faster and easier, such as:
1. Integrates with Microsoft Outlook and Act! As well as Word and Excel.
2. Puts you back to where you began in a report when “drilling down”.
3. Allows you to set pricing levels (by %) of items for sale to customers (such as a Wholesale price, a Distributor price and a Retail price for the same item, without creating 3 separate inventory items.
4. Process/create multiple reports and print them simultaneously.
5. When entering Bills, you now have 20 characters of space to use for the reference (Invoice or account).
6. When Paying Bills, allows you to GO TO the bill directly from the Pay Bills screen.
Reports can now be grouped into categories, such as Vendor Reports,
Customer Reports, etc. instead of one long alphabetical listing.
All and all, I’d say it is
friendlier to use than version 2000, with additional enhancements that anyone
who uses their QuickBooks software daily will readily find worthwhile!
Upgrade Pro version: $169.95 after rebate
Upgrade standard version: $89.95
Your computer needs:
1. 105 MB of additional hard drive space plus Microsoft Internet Explorer 5.5 (which comes with v.2001) and takes an additional 70 MB of hard drive space
2. An IBM compatible 100 MHz Pentium computer or higher (200 MHz is recommended and I find 400 the minimum of you are a heavy user.
3. A minimum of 32 megabytes of RAM, however 64 is recommended (and I find really necessary).
4. 2x CD-ROM drive (double-speed) or higher.
5. 8-bit or 16-bit sound card if you want to use the sound features
6. 256-color VGA or SVGA monitor or better. Inuit recommends a resolution of 800 x 600 or higher.
7. Windows NT 4.0 with Service Pack 3 (or higher), 2000 or Windows 95, 98 or ME
8. Internet access (with a connection speed of 28.8 or higher) is required for Payroll and all online features/services.
9. Printer supported by Windows 95/98/ME/NT 4.0/2000.
QuickBooks Certified Advisors in your location can be found
at www.QuickBooks.com under Support,
A Certified QuickBooks Professional Advisor (as opposed to a QuickBooks Professional Advisor) has this designation because they have successfully completed a minimum of 16 hours of testing on-line with Intuit (makers of QuickBooks).
If You Entered This Page Through a Search Engine Or Any Other Framed Website Click Here To ReturnTo BizNet Online Magazine
Send mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with questions or comments about this web
Copyright © 1997 ~BizNet OnLine Magazine
Last modified: November 08, 2002